Saturday, May 7, 2011

I have now began to fight

 A few things have happen to make me want to fight even more. I got to see my son Friday for 30 min. I always leave in a good mood. We laugh, we joke, we smile. I can't touch him. He is behind a big piece of glass.

I have to talk to him on a lousy phone. I deal with that OK because I can see him and hear him but this Friday was different. I don't know why. Maybe because he has been there for a month?. Maybe because I have learned so much about what his life is going to like in prison and out that now I am even more sad. Maybe both.

I didn't cry until we left. It is so hard to fight this because I feel like no one is listening to me plus I am not the only one who is talking. None of us are getting heard. But I will fight. This is my son and today in the paper is another mother going through the same thing as me. I am a year ahead of her in this hell. I wish I could talk to her but don't know who she is. So now I need to fight even more before another mother, wife, child has to see their love one go through this.

Instead of writing to just our Governor. I am going to start writing to all the state congress and our Rep. I need to be louder! I need to be heard! I need to do this!

No comments: