Sunday, July 31, 2011

Surprise

I have a surprise for you at the end of my post. I hope you enjoy it.
But first, I wanted to bring you up to date. I have been busy with the new group Arkansas Time after Time. We have been busying working on a Brochure, that we can hand out, or mail. I really shouldn't us the word WE,, as I have not done much to help with this but just say "it looks good" 
Plus we are going to be on the radio. Wednesdays from 12:00 to 1:00, we start October 12. http://www.kabf.org/     You can listen here.
Our show will be called "It Could Be You."  

Out of the 6 of us who are on the board of Arkansas Time after Tiime (ATAT) There will be 4 of us going to St. Louis in a couple of weeks for the big RSOL National Conference,
We can't wait. https://sites.google.com/site/rsolnationalconference/  
The bad part of this is, We only get to see our son on the 2nd and 4th weekend of the month.  Hubby and I will be in St. Louis on the 2nd weekend. so we will miss him. His sister is going to make the drive herself, 2 hours, to go see him.  I have two great kids. I am so happy that she want to see him so he will know that we love him. Make me very proud that I raised two great kids.

Well, I don't want to keep you from you surprise any longer. So here it is:



I have asked my son that if he wanted to write to YOU, that I would post his story here. I got a new letter And he wrote to YOU. So here is my son:

There are 4 main groups of people here and most people fit into at least 2.

First, You have what I call "the long timers" People who have a lot of time, usually having to spend at least 10 years in prison. These aren't people who are sentenced to 10 years, but have to serve at least 10 calendar years. These are people who don’t really have a lot to loose it they get in trouble, so you don't want to get on their bad side. They are the one who get in fights and cause problems.

Then there are the "short timers", usually serving just a few months to less than 10 years, they are the ones who stay out of trouble and want to do everything they can to get out fast.

They are also the "new people or rookies", the people who have never been in prison before. Some you can tell right away, but most you just find out. Generally, they are young but there are some older people as well.

Lastly, the "been here, done this before" crowd. The ones who have been through at least once, It seems at least to me, for most people this is their 2nd, or 3rd, time in. a few others this is their 4th, I have yet to see anyone on their 5th term.

For the most part they try and keep the short timer and the long timers separate.

Its' very boring in here. most people are given "a job" working in the kitchen, cleaning the facility or grounds or any other meaningless task they can make us do, like using garden hoes to chop grass.

 Breakfast is between 3- 4 am. I have no idea why, but is. Most people go right back to sleep. Lunch is around 10:00 am. Supper is usually around 3-4 pm. Lights out (aka bed Time) is at 10:30.

 The food here is great if you lack taste buds and love beans. otherwise it sucks. Some meals suckles then other thought. I swear for every lunch and supper, they serve white or pinto beans and cornbread. I never eat the beans, as just the thought of them makes me Queasy. I look forward to eating real food.

Shower here are like a big gym shower except probable with more people and with the occasional guy trying to hide in a corner as he masturbates. Thankfully that is very rare. Something people are worried about on the outside is dropping the soap. People do it all the time and they just squat down (not learn over) and pick it up. Sometimes people laugh but most of the time its ignored.

Prison rape is pretty much non-existent. It’s the second worse thing you can do here, after murder and they have all sorts of stuff set up to prevent or report it, plus there are enough gay people to make them happy.

My son adds that if anyone has any  question, he will try and answers them.

No comments: