Friday, June 17, 2011

ONE Big step for me

So this should be different, I usually lay in bed with my iPhone typing out my blog because I lay there and start thinking. Tonight I am up and at the computer. I feel so important. LOL

Today I got to see my son for the first time in 14 days. I had to skip last week as we were out of State. Since we have seen him, The Jail offer free hair cuts. You could get no guard on the shaver or a number one. He went with none. He has no hair!!!  He hates it and will let it grow. Thank goodness, If you know my son, imaging him with a beard and no hair.

Got a phone call yesterday morning from R.J. the Senator. Remember he is the one who wants me to talk in front of the committee.  After talking to his office, Not him.. the guy thought I  wanted to talk about the laws that are setting on the Governor desk. I had to explained to him that what I want is for someone to look at the laws for S.O. and make some changes. One size does not fit all.  After I went into more detail about this. He understood. He told me that Congress will not be making any new laws until 2013. They do this ever other year (odd years) the even years are finishing up the law they work on the in the year pass.

Now I wish I had paid more attention in High School. This is about all I know:
I'm just a bill.
Yes, I'm only a bill.
And I'm sitting here on Capitol Hill.
Well, it's a long, long journey
To the capital city.
It's a long, long wait
While I'm sitting in committee,
But I know I'll be a law someday
At least I hope and pray that I will,
But today I am still just a bill.

Now that you have that song in your head. You can thank me later. =)

Back to the phone call: The "office" was real nice guy. He understood what I  wanted done and had read my e-mail and so has the Senator. He would talk to R.J. about what they could do. He told me that R.J. might want to get a committee started. One that would look more into the laws and see what could be change.  He has my email and number. I told him I was going to St. Louis in August and would be learning more.

So this is where I am at now. There is no since in me writing letter once a week, since they can't do any thing until 2013, So what I am going to do is write about once a month, and tell them about getting a committee started, They have 1 1/2 years to do this.

I am calling this ONE Big step in the right direction. Now where is my beer?



they'll never know
if you don't let it out
You have enough
They'll call your bluff
You can't back down lost in a crowd
You've won the right to scream and shout
They'll talk about
You've lost your cool
There is no boy who makes the rules
So let's get to it
Now you'll do it
Break out
Scream and shout
Scream and shout
Scream and shout
Scream and shout

No comments: